Work Health and Safety Officer - Contract
- Western Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2510221
- 4 month temporary role, with extensions likely
- Parramatta location
- Competitive day rate
Senior WHS Officer required for 4 Months with potential to extend in Western Sydney
Your new company
You will be working for a local organisation with head office based in Parramatta, this organisation has a number of sites and you may be required to travel as part of this role.
Your new role
- You will be reviewing current state WHS standards including assessment of legislative requirements and current organisation knowledge standards.
- You will complete a full gap analysis including recommended priorities and how to action.
- You will develop a 12 month improvement plan for the organisation and deliverables schedule.
- Implement priority processes and policies.
- Conduct WHS monthly reporting and interpretation.
- Risk management committee support and secretariat.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have at least 5 years diverse WHS experience which includes the improvement of WHS knowledge, processes and practices across a small to medium organisation in NSW.
- Ability to quickly build credible relationships and trust and evidence of this.
- Experience working with staff of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Effective emotional intelligence with clear traits as an initiator and persistent in achieving improvements
What you'll get in return
- A Minimum 4 month contract with extensions likely
- Office based in Parramatta, with some flexible working options.
- Be a part of a forward thinking team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Emily Brewster now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508