Work Health and Safety Culture Officer
- Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2685404
- Newly Created Opportunity
- Showcase you Safety and Wellbeing Expertise
- Fulltime or Part Time Opportunity
Your new company
The Rural City of Murray Bridge have embarked on an exciting journey of transformation with significant projects either planned, under construction or recently completed amounting to about $1billion worth of investment.
Due to organisation growth, a newly created position is now available for a Work Health and Safety Culture Officer to join their expanding team. This position is offered as permanent full time or part time (.8) with flexibility offering working from home arrangements with the Council only being located 45 minutes south east of Adelaide.
Your new role
Reporting into the Organisational Development Manager and working with the wider Safety and Council team, the purpose of this role is to provide advice, guidance and support regarding the implementation and application of Workplace Health and Safety best practice. This includes but is not limited to:
- The application of relevant policies, procedures and plans to ensure Council meets its obligations to provide a safe and healthy workplace while also minimising and managing its risks.
- Support and monitor the wellbeing and behaviour of Council field staff with the specific intent to maintain and enhance workplace morale, culture and job satisfaction
- Liaise with and communicate with staff across the organisation ensuring WHS best practice and zero harm is applied.
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally the successful candidate will have formal qualifications in risk management and or Work Health and Safety along with expertise in coordinating and delivering workplace training.
It is essential to have previous experience and demonstrated expertise in similar role with exposure to identifying and implementing systems and continuous improvement opportunities, documenting safety processes and procedures.
Please note it is essential for the candidate to be eligible for a National Police Clearance and Covid vax + Booster due to mandate.
What you need to do now
For further details regarding this opportunity please contact Kylie at HAYS Human Resources on 0872214134 or email your updated resume to email@example.com
Please note, no covering letter is required for this position and a full job description will be emailed to candidates deemed suitable.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508