WHS & Wellbeing Coordinator
- Bankstown, New South Wales, Australia
- Bankstown Sports Club
- Bankstown Sport is a fun, friendly, creative and dynamic place to work!
- Express your creativity and passion for customer service, with colleagues who are friendly, positive, outgoing and professional
- Initiative and career progression within the company is encouraged
- An environment where YOU can make a difference in the way we do things and who values YOU as an individual.
Want to be part of one of NSW's largest and leading reputable Clubs? Do you have experience in Human Resources and are looking for a career opportunity with a recognised marker leader in hospitality?
Bankstown Sports is one of NSW's largest and leading reputable clubs and is a proud supporter of the local community. Members and patrons are drawn to our club; as they enjoy a great atmosphere, excellent dining options and exceptional service.
Some of the main features of Bankstown Sports Club include a movie theatre, live shows, weekly entertainment, a wide variety of restaurants and bars including Basement Brewhouse, Monkey Mania play centre and Turbo Climb play. We also have several associated venues: Bankstown Sports Bowls, Birrong Sports, Baulkham Hills Sports Club, The Acres Club and Auburn Tennis Club.
As one of Sydney’s top 10 registered clubs, and with over 70,000 members and 650 employees, Bankstown Sports provides a diverse venue for everyone.
About the Role…
The HR team is expanding and looking for passionate and talented HR professionals that truly value our greatest asset “Our People”. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team and make a real difference.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Work Health and Safety (WHS) professional to join the organisation on a full-time permanent basis. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, this diverse and challenging role will see you coordinating, leading and directing all WHS matters for our people.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being a Safety Champion
- Ensure compliance with relevant WHS legislation, codes of practice and Australian Standards
- Coordinate Return-to-Work activities and workers compensation claims including liaising with relevant parties
- Review, update and implement WHS Management System to ensure best practice
- Provide advice and hands-on support to team leaders and managers on safety related matters
- Coordinate and deliver WHS training and induction as required for employees, contractors and volunteers and maintain appropriate records
- Facilitate systematic hazard identification, risk assessment and control plans
- Conduct inspections and audits of the workplace to identify any hazards or unsatisfactory workplace health and safety conditions or practices
- Preparation of timely reports, including reporting on incidents, near-misses, findings and recommendations
- Develop and implement corporate wellbeing activities
- Maintain WHS records
- Ad-hoc safety projects as assigned
To be a successful applicant you will require:
- Tertiary qualification in WHS with a minimum three (3) years’ work health & safety experience (essential)
- NSW Return to Work co-ordinator certification
- Experience with developing, monitoring, implementing and reporting on safety management systems
- Knowledge, ability and aptitude to develop WHS policies, procedures and guidance to enable the achievement of WHS best practice
- Experience in delivering WHS educational and related programs and ability to deliver competency based training
- Well-developed communications and facilitation skills including the ability to engage and advise people at all levels of an organisation
- Professionally focused with a strong work ethic
- Willingness to obtain RSA and RCG
- Immaculate presentation and service
- Rights to work in Australia
About the Benefits…
- Career development - we love to promote internally and between clubs
- Training - ongoing training opportunities are provided
- Parking - free, secure and underground car parking (plus a discount on car washes)
- Health & Wellbeing Program
- Rewards & Recognition - you'll have access to generous rewards and recognition program
How to Apply...
Please submit your resume and cover letter outlining why you are suitable for the position. Please feel free to include any certificates or licences in the education section to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role.
If you are ready to take on a new challenge, are passionate about workplace safety and are someone who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers, we want to hear from you!
Bankstown Sports is an Equal Opportunity Employer