WHS Officer - APS 6 - Contract
- Sydney Cbd, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2584427
- Junior WHS role - Competitive Hourly rate
- Be part of a project with ongoing work
- Short term, work over the summer break
Short term Junior WHS role | Assignment to end of January | Part/Full time | Opportunity for permanent role
Your new company
You will be part of a well respected and appreciated Federal Government department with lots of exciting construction projects coming up.
Your new role
- Maintain, support and embed the WHS Management System of the organisation, and identify and progress opportunities for improvement
- Work collaboratively with all business units to identify WHS knowledge or process gaps to ensure continuous improvement in the management of WHS risks
- Develop and implement WHS Training plan and arrange appropriate WHS training for all staff.
- Schedule and coordinate quarterly WHS Committee meetings
- Monitor and report on WHS performance, including data and analysis for inclusion in management reports (monthly, quarterly and annually) in conjunction with Senior Manager WHS.
What you'll need to succeed
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience as a Safety, HSEQ or WHS coordinator
- Certificate IV in WHS Management or higher relevant qualification
- Certificate IV Workplace Trainer and assessor or equivalent (not essential)
- Current drivers' licence.
What you'll get in return
- You will be working on a short term contract which will begin immediately and finish at the end of January.
- There is potential for this role to be made permanent.
- You will receive a really competitive hourly rate.
- You will be working as part of a team where you can continue to learn.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Emily Brewster now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508