WHS Coordinator - APS 6
- Sydney Cbd, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2582472
- Junior WHS role
- Learn about WHS and RTW
- Competitive Salary
Permanent Junior WHS role | National team | Hybrid working | Federal Government | Bring a desire to learn!
Your new company
You will be working for a large Federal Government Department, with colleagues spread across Australia.
Your new role
- Manage and update the WHS Management Systems and Management Plans ensuring they are compliant with the WHS Act and Regulations.
- Provide advice and support on injury prevention, hazard identification, risk management and incident reporting. Maintain accurate and up to date records including WHS registers.
- Work with the National WHS Committee, including managing the governance and secretariat functions, coordinate and promote WHS related events or educate and promote greater WHS & Wellbeing.
- Maintain a network of WHS & Wellbeing reps/staff/Committee members. Conduct periodic checks to ensure adequate representation, training requirements and eligibility in accordance with the organisation's Enterprise Agreement
- Support the maintenance of WHS related policies and forms including WHS, First Aid, COVID-19, WHS risk assessment, workplace inspections, hazard reporting and incident notification.
- Manage some Workers Compensation, early intervention, and fitness for duty cases and plan rehabilitation programs, return to work plans and suitable duties.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have at least a Cert IV WHS or SIRA RTW Coordinator Certificate as a minimum.
- You will have knowledge of WHS and Rehabilitation programs and policies
- You will have experience in a similar WHS role.
What you'll get in return
- You will be working in a permanent WHS position with the opportunity to grow and develop your skills across both WHS and Rehab.
- You will receive a competitive salary + super.
- You'll be working with a large national team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Emily Brewster now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508