WHS Business Partner - Contract
- North Shore, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2549232
- Temporary - 3 Month assignment - potential to extend
- Be part of a close knit and supportive team
- Competitive hourly rate
3 month assignment for WHS Business Partner | Government department | Apply now!
Your new company
You will be working for a well known and respected government department based in the Northern Sydney area for an initial period of three months, with opportunities to extend. You will collaborate with stakeholders to embed a strong safety culture, encourage positive safety behaviours and support delivery of organisational objectives in a safe and healthy manner
Your new role
The role will enable and promote positive WHS behaviours to support delivery projects and initiatives across the organisation. You will also:
- Implement WHS systems aligned to the risk environment and operational context in partnership with managers, staff and key stakeholders. Including; reporting systems and protocols, workplace inspections, task observations, training, incident investigations, risk assessments, internal audits, and more.
- Develop safety leadership by coaching and mentoring managers, employees and stakeholders.
- Provide expert knowledge, advice, and support across WHS legislation, policies and processes relevant to the organisation.
- Develop and deliver related initiatives to assist wellbeing of staff to ensure injury prevention and a positive wellness culture across the organisation or business group.
- Assist, support and develop capability in areas such as injury management and return to work.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in WHS (Cert IV), HR, organisational psychology, organisational development or related discipline and sound knowledge of associated legislation, regulations and standards.
- ICAM or equivalent investigation qualifications and proven incident investigation experience.
- Demonstrated experience in performance and behavioural change in a diverse organisation.
- Demonstrated influencing skills, including engaging a variety of stakeholders to achieve significant, enterprise-wide change.
- Advanced communication skills, including excellent written and report writing skills, and the ability to communicate with a variety or people and skills.
What you'll get in return
- Minimum 3 Month assignment with potential to extend.
- Work with a tight knit and friendly team and have the freedom to grow in your career alongside ambitious people.
- Competitive hourly rate of up to $65 per hour + super
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Emily Brewster now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508