WHS Advisor - Contract to permanent
- Canberra - South, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2218992
- APS 6 Level
- Fast Paced And Busy Role
- Please Call Michelle Liv On 02 61112 7650
12 Month Non On Going Contract With An Option For Permanency Thereafter Based In The South side Of Canberra!
Your new company
An exciting opportunity has become available to help this Federal Government Agency that provides front line services for Australians in need. Working in their well-established safety team you will be responsible for supporting the team to make a difference.
Your new role
- Provide professional advice and support to employees and managers regarding work health and safety, incident reporting and management, safe working practices, risk management and other safety related issues as they arise
- Lead, coordinate, manage and deliver work health and safety initiatives under the WHS Work Plan, implementation and completion of projects within designated timeframes
- Contribute and provide specialist input into the development of work health and safety reports, safety policies, procedures and frameworks
- Assist in the management of the health and safety Intranet pages and produce and coordinate communication to staff and provide assistance in worker consultation and WHS dispute resolution processes.
- Develop and maintain strategic and productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders on a range of matters.
What you'll need to succeed
- A high standard of oral and written skills including negotiation, liaison and representational skills
- Experience delivering high quality outputs and outcomes in a timely manner in an often-challenging environment
- Experience providing quality advice to employees and managers using an honest, open and flexible approach
- Ability to apply sound judgement and decision-making skills.
- Certificate IV or higher in Work Health and Safety
What you'll get in return
This isn't your normal 9 - 5 Government role. You will be working in a fast paced and busy work environment where you will be part of a team achieving the end goals together.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or If this job isn't right for you and you wanted to discuss other opportunities please feel free to call the details below:
Recruiting experts in Health and Safety
T: +61 (2) 6112 7650
F: +61 (2) 6257 6377