- Southern Suburbs Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2358294
- Leading organisation
- Permanent Role
- Drive National SHEQ Processes
Leading organisation are seeking a SHEQ Manager , Brisbane based role.
Your new company
This Project Management organisation located in the inner southern suburbs of Brisbane is seeking an exceptional Safety, Health Environment and Quality Manager to lead, influence and guide their team across all SHEQ matters. With of a range of ongoing projects across a large geographical region, this market leader is well respected in their field.
Your new role
In your new position as SHEQ Manager, you will be a subject matter expert in your field, with a strong commercial ability alongside exceptional people management skills. Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Drive and influence the implementation of best practice SHEQ processes
- Provide expert advice in all areas of SHEQ regarding legal requirements, legislation changes and business risks
- Develop safe work practices, procedures and policies
- Take a hands-on approach to SHEQ improvement initiatives and actions
- Support, coach and mentor the SHEQ team
- Implement, execute, maintain and continuously improve SHEQ national strategy
- To develop and maintain risk management processes and ensure ongoing review of work activities
- To develop and monitor appropriate training programs across Safety, Health Environment and Quality
What you'll need to succeed
As the successful candidate in this role, you will have Tertiary qualifications across WHS/OHS or a related area and a Cert IV Workplace Trainer and Assessor certificate. With extensive knowledge across current legislation and WHS policies across Australia, you will ideally have prior work experience within a business that has a large geographical footprint. Other desirable skills include:
- Qualified Environmental auditor and Safety auditor
- Qualified WHSO and Safety auditor accreditation
- Extensive knowledge of OHS and Quality Assurance systems ISO9001, AS/NZS 4801, ISO 14001
- Ability to implement state based WHS and Workers Compensation legislation and relevant amendments as they occur;
- Extensive experience conducting training in safety and environmental modules
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with ISO14001 in general industry
- Experience implementing ISO14001 accreditation and working with external auditors
What you'll get in return
In return, you will work with a leading organisation who are invested in community and development. You will be able to take ownership for developing and implementing the SHEQ processes and work with an exceptional team of professionals in this space. There is also an attractive salary package on offer for the right candidate
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508