Senior Safety and Wellbeing Advisor - Contract
- Sydney Cbd, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2456955
- 6 Month role with potential to extend
- Rate: Up to $450 + super per day
- Immediate Start
Full time, 6 month Senior Safety and Wellbeing Assignment for Government Department near the CBD area.
Your new company
A Small and specialised WHS department within the NSW Government are offering an opportunity for a Senior Safety & Wellbeing Advisor role based in the heart of Sydney, with a competitive day rate, and a focus on designing and delivering WHS policies, procedures, programs and reporting to promote and maintain a safe environment and culture and auditing on-site operations & systems.
Your new role
Reporting into the WHS and Wellbeing Manager, you will be implementing the WHS strategy, in line with the department and wider government's plans and in consultation with key stakeholders, including feedback from Executive Leaders and provide advice and support to the Safety and Wellbeing team as needed.
- Develop and design strategies, initiatives and a comprehensive framework to contribute to the continued improvement and reduction of risk in relation to workplace health and safety.
- Audit, analyse and evaluate the organisation's Safety Management System to enhance appropriateness and applicability to organisational functions while complying with legislative obligations.
- Manage projects, including developing plans, identifying and coordinating resources, managing budgets, supplier and contract management and meeting reporting requirements to deliver programs and initiatives that continually improve the Safety Management System and its application.
- Provide specialist advice on workplace health and safety strategies and practices to deliver compliance with organisational and service wide objectives and support managers in achieving objectives.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have sufficient WHS experience with at least a Cert IV WHS (higher qualifications preferred)
- Proven experience in a similar role (Senior WHS Advisor, Senior Health, Safety and Wellbeing Advisor etc.
- The ability to support more junior team members as well as senior leaders and management in WHS matters.
What you'll get in return
- A 6 month assignment with potential to extend
- Interesting work developing SMS and processes in a small but friendly team
- Between $400 - $450 + super per day
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Emily Brewster on 02 8226 9690
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508