Safety Specialist - Contract
- Western Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2365036
- South-West Sydney
- 6 Month Contract
- Building Products Manufacturer
Building Products Manufacturer | South-West Sydney | 6 month contract
Your new company
You will be working for a building products manufacturer based in South-West Sydney who are looking for a Safety Specialist on a 6-month contract with a possibility to extend.
Your new role
Reporting to the QESH Manager, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, managing best practice and continually improving Health, Safety and Environmental systems across the site to reduce risk, raise awareness and improve practices of WHSE in line with industry regulations. You will also be identifying high risks, creating relevant policies as well as refining existing ones.
What you'll need to succeed
- Extensive hands on WHS experience in manufacturing industries or similar.
- Tertiary qualified in WHS with a good understanding of OHS management systems as well as application of risk management methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability with interpreting legislation, technical information and data and applying the appropriate solution.
- Good knowledge of management of hazards relating to manufacturing, such as Lock Out Tag Out, manual handling, plant & equipment, noise, dust and chemical safety.
- Ability to demonstrate change management and influencing skills and a thorough and demonstrable understanding of internal audits/compliance
Essential: Australian/New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents Only
What you'll get in return
Seize this opportunity to take an active role in developing your career and be rewarded with competitive rates along with the chance of making a real difference in an expanding organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
SA Licence number : LHS 297508