Safety and Wellbeing Advisor
- South Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
OzChild are ideally looking for a partner, someone to work with the organisation to achieve a positive safety and wellbeing culture change. We need someone to review policies and procedures, someone to provide education and training to employees, someone to influence the discussion on the topic of safety and wellbeing.
We need a passionate advisor, an effective teacher and an engaging character in order to achieve our goals.
Ideally the successful applicant will have had experience working in the not for profit sector and can apply current WHS safety legislation, standards, guidelines and risk management principles nationally as it relates to the not-for-profit sector
- Work with the People & Culture team and service delivery teams to gain an understanding of business strategy as it relates to Workplace Health and Safety needs, develop and deliver ad-hoc WH&S requirements.
- End to end generalist safety and wellbeing activities.
- Assist in the development of and establish a new workplace health and safety framework
- Conduct workplace investigations, meetings, evacuation drills and workshops.
- Be a point of contact on WHS matters and provide relevant and tactical advice.
Required Qualifications, skills and experience.
- Qualifications that related to Workplace Health and Safety
- Experience working in a small team, delivering creative and innovative solutions
- Competency in workplace investigations, problem solving and decision making.
- Experience implementing best practice health and safety across an organisation
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations across health and safety
At OzChild we are on a journey to discover and apply new approaches and best practices to achieve better outcomes for vulnerable Australians through the programs and services we deliver. This is achieved through collaboration. We provide solutions that improve outcomes for our clients. Our approach is strategic and agile as well as being systemic and forward thinking. As the organisation aims to strengthen our impact through evidence-based programs, the OzChild leadership team has committed to developing, training and evolving our people as enablers to achieving our strategic objective to grow and disrupt the sector.
Permanent contract FT role, (PT 4 days will be considered)
Salary packaging up to $15,900
Influential position in a small team
Agile, collaborative and strategic organisation
4 days ex gratia plus 4 weeks leave
Relocation assistance available
Brand new role based in a great location at South Melbourne
Strong team around you for support
Salaried role with salary packaging attached
How to apply:
You can apply for this position today by following this link to our careers page https://ozchildcareers.org.au/Vacancies/4788338/title/Safety-and-Wellbeing-Advisor- you can view the position description and then submit a resume with a cover letter that outlines your skills and experiences as well as your motivation for applying
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Paul Ridley, HR Advisor Recruitment on 03 9695 2243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org