Safety Advisor - Contract
- Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2287990
- Public Sector, part of a large team.
- Full-time Hours, Monday to Friday
- $35.00 + Super | ASAP start with potential for extension
ASAP start for experienced Safety Advisor in Rockhampton | Build your experience in the Public Sector.
Your new company
This 5 week contract role is with a local Public Sector organisation in the Rockhampton Region.
Your new role
This position is focused on supports the organisation in providing workplace health and safety, rehabilitation and Return to Work coordination and advising stakeholders on best practices.
You will be advising on:
- Training and Inductions
- Incident investigations and Management
- Risk Management & Statutory Compliance
- Injury prevention and Rehabilitation
As your role is critical to the service delivery in the Human Resources team, you will be expected to maintain confidentiality and a high degree professionalism.
What you'll need to succeed
To secure this contract role you must have either a recognised qualification on Workplace Health and Safety or significant experience in a dedicated work health and safety role.
Your knowledge will cover a broad spectrum of OHS management systems and procedures and you will be confident in managing injury and return to work programs.
You will also need a full drivers licence and be able to commence immediately for a minimum of 5 weeks.
What you'll get in return
You will receive $35.00 an hour + super and the opportunity to build your experience in the Public Sector. You may also be extended int he assignment dependent on performance and business need.
Alongside a competitive hourly rate, temporary and contract workers through Hays Human Resources enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Weekly pay cycles
- Nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Simple online time-sheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- Regular contact with your consultant throughout the duration of your assignment and support to search for your next assignment
What you need to do now
At Hays, we take your privacy seriously. If you're interested in a role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV via our secure portal.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position please contact Sharon Warren, Hays expert consultant in Human Resources, at email@example.com for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.At Hays, we take your privacy seriously.