- Geelong, Victoria, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2470540
- Geelong based role
- $90,000 + super, car, phone and laptop
- Logistics company
Make a difference in this OHS role, partner with the business to drive Health and Safety
About the Role
Australian owned logistics company is seeking experienced OHSE Advisor to join their team. Reporting into the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for providing technical and practical health and safety advice to staff. You will be responsible for the implementation of safe and effective work practices, compliance, audit, reporting and the facilitation of risk reduction and workers compensation programs.
Key Responsibilities include (but not limited)
- Ability to train, influence and motivate team members.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to WHSE procedures and legislative frameworks.
- Identify training needs of workers for safe systems of work and safe work procedures.
- Research and implement new material handling processes and procedures.
- Review and contribute to the development and implementation of policies and programs.
- Developing safety messages and initiatives to start tool box meetings.
- Prioritise Work, Health and Safety in the workplace
- Incident reporting and liaising with appropriate external stakeholders
- Review all Health, Safety, Wellbeing and OHS practices and policies
- Develop, monitor, record and facilitate Health Safety Committee and Health and Safety representatives.
- Organise and attending monthly safety meetings with internal stakeholders and clients, reporting and reviewing incident and corrective actions.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to complete Risk Assessments, JSA's and incident investigations.
- Support HR with adhoc functions as they arise
To be successful for this role
You will have held a similar role ideally in a logistics or Blue collar environment. You will have a demonstrated knowledge of organisational procedures relating to health and safety. You will be a self-starter, have exceptional communication skills, be hands on and a team player. This role offers requires someone who is adaptable, that can work in an evolving fast paced environment.
What you'll get in return
This is fantastic opportunity for an experienced operator who is wanting to help grow and develop OHS strategies, processes and procedures. This role is paying between $85,000 - $95,000 + super, car, phone and laptop. You will work across 2 sites, 4 days in Geelong and Melbourne 1 day.
What you need to do now
To register your interest in this position please click "Apply".
SA Licence number : LHS 297508