Occupational Health and Safety Officer - Contract
- Melbourne CBD, Victoria, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2258332
- Provide specialist OHS advice & recommendations
- Melbourne CBD | 6 month contract | Competitive Salary + Benefits
- Vanessa Jordanovska | 90952226
Seeking an Occupational Health and Safety Officer to join a large not-for-profit organisation
Your new company
This not-for-profit organisation empowers nurses and midwives to maximise their working environment, the health care system and broader community. They are currently seeking an Occupational Health and Safety Officer for a 6-month period. You will be involved in advising, assisting and supporting stakeholders regarding OHS matters, workers compensation, occupational rehabilitation, return to work and WorkCover conciliations.
Your new role
As an Occupational Health and Safety Officer, you will be heavily involved in providing specialist advice, assistance and support to staff relating to OHS matters. You will be required to interpret and apply relevant legislation and policies to resolve workplace issues surrounding OHS. In addition, you will be undertaking workplace OHS audits, inspections and providing recommendations on corrective action. You will also be involved in developing and maintaining professional development to deliver approved training programs.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated experience in Occupational Health & Safety. We are looking for a resilient and enthusiastic individual:
- You will hold a tertiary or vocational qualification in Occupational Health and Safety and Cert IV in Training and Assessment
- You will have demonstrated experience in OHS and workers compensation legislation, standards and practices
- You will have experience in co-ordinating and delivering OHS training and organising events
- You will hold a valid Victorian Driver's License
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary package and the ability to improve the working conditions for the not-for-profit's members.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, please click 'apply now' or forward an updated copy of your resume along with an expression of interest to Vanessa Jordanovska at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please call 03 9095 2226. If this role isn't for you but you are interested in other Workplace Health & Safety opportunities or you know someone who is appropriate, feel free to get in touch
SA Licence number : LHS 297508