Injury Management Coordinator
- Western Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2504521
- Inner-West Sydney
- Leading Food Manufacturer
- Career Progression
Food Manufacturer - Inner-West Sydney - $90k package
Your new company
A leading food manufacturer is looking for an Injury Management Coordinator to join their team on a permanent basis. The role is based on site in Inner-West Sydney.
Your new role
Reporting to the HR Manager you will be responsible for the coordination of processes associated with the rehabilitation and timely return to work of injured and/or ill employees within the site. You will also work in conjunction with the wider injury management, local safety and HR team to identify and implement change in process or provide education that assists with injury prevention and health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Provide rehab and return to work support for all work related and non-work related injuries.
- The first point of contact for injured employees and managers immediately following injury.
- Attending initial doctor's consultations with injured workers at local clinic.
- Coordinating communication with any additional rehabilitation providers, the insurer and team.
- The development and maintenance of return to work plans.
- Provide RTW and Rehabilitation support to the wider Injury Management team.
- Develop understanding among managers of legislative obligations and the benefits of rehabilitating injured/ill employees.
- Assist and coach management build a positive rehabilitation and return to work environment that facilitates positive return to work outcomes.
- Coordinate the completion of all necessary paperwork to assist in prompt claim lodgement and early intervention.
- Maintain records in accordance with legislative requirements within the Injury Management system.
- Prepare monthly reports for key stakeholders on current injuries and illnesses.
- Identifying areas for opportunity that would reduce the risk of injury and potential claims.
- The key stakeholder for site implementation of injury prevention and health and wellness strategies and supporting campaigns from a National and local level.
- Work in conjunction with the safety team to assist with incident investigation and reporting when required.
- Provide training to local management and employees on areas within safety and injury management when required.
- Experience in a similar Injury Management, RTW, Workers Comp or WHS role
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing, logistics or similar environment is essential.
- Understanding of state applicable Workers compensation schemes, (case management experience will be highly regarded).
- Sound understanding of return to work and rehabilitation processes.
- Knowledge and application of workplace rehabilitation policies and procedures including early intervention and safe return to work.
- Able to build effective and influential relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your experience to Sandra Higgins at email@example.com
SA Licence number : LHS 297508