Injury Management Consultant - Contract
- Mackay, Queensland, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2269405
- State Government
- Flexible Part-time hours |Negotiable
- $59.95 + Super an hour
Temporary assignment in State Gov | ASAP START | Mackay based
Your new company
As part of a state-wide initiative, this State government department is seeking an experienced Injury Management Consultant to work within their Mackay office and support regional areas across North Queensland.
Due to funding growth and an increase in caseload, this temporary vacancy is available immediately until end of Dec 2019, with the view to extend.
Your new role
You will report into a handon and expereinced Human Resources Manager. Your role is to provide leadership in the area of injury management and provide advice & consultancy services to a broad range of stakeholders. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Consultancy across 4 key areas, including: Complex Claims, Training, QSuper Income Protection, Workcover
- Identifying and implementing injury management strategies
- Providing leadership and coaching to Claims Officers, Rehabilitation and RTW Coordinators, as required
- Monitoring compliance in conjunction with the relevant legislation
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following key capabilities:
- Provide high level injury management services that align with legislative and key departmental and regional documented priorities and contribute to improved organisational health performance.
- Apply injury management practices and strategies to facilitate appropriate outcomes for injured and ill employees in line with best practice case management and legislative standards for rehabilitation.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients, team members and external stakeholders to achieve effective outcomes within negotiated timeframe
- Respond professionally and impartially to the competing demands of clients, managers, health professionals and external agencies in a complex and a changing organisational environment
- Demonstrated high level skills in consultation, negotiation, problem solving and presentation, including a demonstrated capacity to prepare high level written reports and correspondence.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered the opportunity to grow your skills and knowledge and will be backed by Government policies and procedures. You will be remunerated a competitive hourly rate in line with an AO6 level and the part-time nature of this vacancy (36.25 hours / fortnight) will offer you flexible working arrangements.
There may an opportuntiy for increasing your hours to full-time as well based on workload. You will be supported by a strong team and there is potential your assignment will be extended in 2020, pending funding approval.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please contact Sharon Warren, Hays expert recruiter in Human Resources & Safety, on 07 4771 5100 or click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Sharon for a confidential discussion on your career.