HSE Officer - 12 mth Contract
- Sydney Cbd, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2554684
- Australian Defence Company
- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- CBD Location
Defence Industry - $110k base - Garden Island (CBD)
Your new company
An Australian Defence company are currently looking for a HSE Officer on a 12 month fixed term contract at their Garden Island site.
Your new role
You will assist in planning, implementing, monitoring and reviewing compliance with HSE legislation, policies, procedures and work practices and works pro-actively in supporting safety and environment management systems that promotes Work Safe Home Safe culture.
- Assist in the development and implementation of safety systems.
- Ensure subcontractors are engaged and comply with all HSE requirements.
- Assist in the application of safety procedures, including managing risks and hazards in the workplace.
- Report and investigate incidents, injuries and hazards and implement agreed control measures.
- Conduct inspections and audits to monitor compliance with safety policy and procedures.
- Provide Induction and toolbox talks to project personnel when required
- Site HSE supervision and SWMS review for production activities and External Maintenance Availabilities.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have extensive experience in a similar safety role within a defence or engineering environment.
- Tertiary qualifications relating to Workplace Health and Safety are essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety and Environmental Regulations, Codes of Practice and Standards.
- Strong skills in hazard identification, risk management and incident investigation.
- Proven experience in risk assessments, safety audits, safety investigations.
Essential: Australian/New Zealand Citizens only as Security Clearance is required
What you'll get in return
Seize this opportunity to take an active role in developing your career and be rewarded with competitive rates along with the chance of making a real difference in a leading organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
SA Licence number : LHS 297508