Health Safety & Wellbeing Consultant
- Geelong, Victoria, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2582565
- Make a difference in this role
- Leading Not for profit
- $90,000 - $100,000
Leading Not for profit is looking for a HSW to join team
My client has an exciting opportunity for a Health Safety & Wellbeing Consultant to join their People & Culture team. In conjunction with the Health & Safety Coordinator, you will ensure a safe and healthy working environment for employees and the public
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist with the coordination of inspections, Safety mapping Audits and compliance checks such as testing & tagging and asbestos checks.
- Assist with administration of WorkCover claims as required
- Assist with ensuring that accidents and incidents are investigated and that findings are formally documented along with recommended preventative actions.
- Assist the Health & Safety Coordinator to facilitate the Health & Safety Committee, minutes and agenda distribution.
- Provide support and assistance to develop safety procedures, policies and training and induction checklists, carrying out staff induction, this includes COVID policy and processes, review of DHHS guidance material, development of new COVID safe plans as well as updating and distributing COVID safe plans as required. Management and ordering of PPE for COVID response
- Assist with administration in conjunction with the Health & Safety Advisor in emergency management plans and evacuation plans and ensure equipment is serviced at regularly intervals.
- Ensure OHS compliance requirements are maintained and up to date.
- Provide general advice and support on a range of health and safety matters.
- Liaise with Worksafe where required
- Other duties as directed.
- Report to the Health & Safety Coordinator any risks that may potentially impact on the organisation.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be pragmatic, have the ability to be calm and measured under pressure, agility in a fast-paced changing environment, empathetic, proactive, ability to complete work with minimal supervision and have exceptional communication skills.
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented person who has a background in Health and Safety.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508