GM Safety and Environment
- Western Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2466087
- Facilities Management
- Attractive Salary Package
- Growing Organisation
Attractive Salary Package up to $270k
Your new company
This leading Australian Facilities company are looking for a GM Safety and Environment to manage a large portfolio. This organisation are recognised as one of the leaders in their industry and this is an excellent role for an established professional to shape, lead and drive Safety and Environment function for the Australian region.
Your new role
- Thought leadership, technical support and guidance to reduce injuries, illnesses and incidents.
- Develop the annual safety improvement plans and programs.
- Continue to streamline and simplify systems and processes, to make safe choices easier and engaging.
- To build the capability of operational community to recognise, assess and mitigate risk at all times
- Membership and contribution to various global and APAC safety networks to share and learn from good practice, influence the global safety strategy, provide feedback on safety plans and processes.
- Ensure all regulatory, compliance and governance requirements are met in relation to safety and environment, including ownership of auditing program, relationships with external audit and food safety assurance partners, key suppliers, external and internal reporting and management reporting.
- To provide insight around safety performance and implement agreed strategies to address emerging trends, issues or opportunities.
- To support tender activities in the development and execution of client specific safety plans and documentation to meet tender requirements.
- Develop strategies to reduce injuries and the resulting cost and frequency of claims.
- Lead strategic projects and the resulting change management requirements to bring to life a wide safety culture.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree qualified in WHS
- Over 15 years experience in leading safety teams and functions
- Line operational experience is valued but not a pre requisite
- Advanced leadership and influencing skills
- Commercial orientation
- Exposure to world class safety processes or programs
- Ability to lead and add value to the regulatory / compliance side of safety whilst advancing a large scale safety culture program with a track record of success in both
What you'll get in return
Join a growing organisation who offer gateways into Operational or Executive roles in the future.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or email Sandra.Higgins@hays.com.au
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508