Environment, Health & Safety Lead
- Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2496278
- Lead Environmental Health & Safety
- Extractas Bioscience
- Located Near Launceston
Your new company
Hays are proud to be partnering with Extractas Bioscience (formerly known as Tasmanian Alkaloids), a global leader in the manufacture of botanical extracts and internationally renowned for innovation, reliability and quality. Their Tasmanian based operation is at the forefront of the industry and their pioneering product development and operating facilities meet the highest international quality standards.
The Environmental Health & Safety department are seeking an experienced Environmental Health & Safety Lead to join their team during what is an exciting phase for the organisation. You will have two direct reports and will ensure a high level of stakeholder management is maintained both internally and externally.
Your new role
Reporting to the Engineering, Environment Health & Safety Manager, you will be responsible to develop, implement and maintain environment, health and safety systems that protect the environment, human health, safety and well-being, while complying with federal, state and local regulations and Extractas Bioscience (EB) values.
As an EHS Lead, your primary duties will include some but are not limited to the below;
- Administer EB's Environment Health & Safety policies at the site and report on and track key EHS metrics
- Coordinate the sites environment and safety incident investigation program to ensure identification of root causes and prevention of reoccurrence of the same incident
- Coordinate outsourced, contracted and on-site personnel to assure satisfactory performance and achievement of Safety, Occupational Hygiene, Process Safety Management and Environmental Management action plans
- Monitor current controls for occupational hygiene (including chemical and physical hazards) and ergonomic exposures against compliance with the WHS act & regulations.
- Advise management and assist in identifying, developing and implementing relevant controls to ensure the ongoing prevention of adverse exposures to occupational hygiene related hazards substance and ergonomic related injuries
- Provide an expert service for the monitoring of plant activities of manufacturing, maintenance, laboratories and contractors to assure compliance with EHS standards.
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you will hold a tertiary qualification in Workplace Health & Safety, Science or Engineering, and will have had strong experience in a similar role within a manufacturing or pharmaceutical environment. You will understand and actively promote the systems and processes we have in place to ensure the quality of our products, the safety of our people and protection of the environment.
You will have strong computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to learn and navigate various databases effectively. Along with effective communication skills, a calm, focused approach to work and excellent attention to detail, you will have the natural ability to prioritise workloads, manage small to medium projects and operate within budgetary constraints. Current knowledge of applicable regulations and occupational hygiene methodologies is preferred along with a general understanding of cGMP and the Lean Six Sigma Principals.
What you'll get in return
In reward for your experience and dedication, you will receive an excellent salary package and the opportunity to be at the heart of one of Tasmania's most innovative and vibrant workplaces. EB has a longstanding workforce, which is testament to the kind of employer they are and the great people they attract.
What you need to do now
To find out more and view a position description please email James Ower at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Friday 4th of June.