EHS Advisor - Contract
- Western Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2489013
- 3 Month Temp-to-Perm
- Growing Company
- Travel Required
3 Month Temp to Perm Opportunity - Western Sydney
Your new company
You will be working for a Safety Protection Company. This is a 3 month contract with permanent opportunities for the right candidate.
Your new role
- Require a hands on approach, with requirements for travel.
- Cert IV in workplace health and safety.
- Provide support and advise employees on HSE (health safety) matters.
- Identify areas of risk (Safety Audits) and be able to help to develop measures to reduce and control in consultation.
- Help manage incidents, investigations, injuries and injury managements and fitness for work issues.
- Provide an Auditor role in the company and be able to participate (Auditor trained) in internal and external 3rd party audits.
- Be able to engage shareholders at all levels with improvement programs in HSE performance.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Be able to own and implement HSE strategies.
- Qualification in a recognised incident investigation framework
- Ensure high levels of interaction and visibility to assess, promote and deliver (Cert 1V training and assessing) HSE culture.
- Be able to listen, build respect and be passionate in their commitment.
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrated experience in a similar safety role within manufacturing or a similar heavy industrial environment
- Tertiary qualifications relating to Workplace Health and Safety
- A qualification in auditing is highly desirable
- Good understanding and knowledge of risk assessment and hazardous chemicals
- Detailed orientated and enthusiastic personality
Essential: Australian/New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents Only
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508