Audit & Investigation Officer - Contract
- Townsville, Queensland, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2283559
- Friendly supportive team with autonomy to structure your workload
- 3 month term with possible extension based on performance
- Opportunity to engage with local and national stakeholders on projects
Opportunity to contribute to key projects and work in State Government in Townsville to promote compliance.
Your new company
This client is a Queensland Government Department located in Townsville in the building industry. Due to an internal promotion, they are now looking for an Audit and Investigations Officer to join them until December 2019 with a possible extension.
Your new role
As an Audit and Investigations Officer, your purpose is to engage with various stakeholder to audit major projects and ensure that building and construction contractors comply with their obligations when supplying to the Queensland government. This is specifically related to HR, Training, IR & WHS obligations in accordance with the Buy Queensland approach.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Evaluate the compliance of suppliers and projects with the goal of providing advice and support to stakeholders in achieving compliance
- Carry out site investigations to identify risks of non-compliance and make recommendations based on audit findings.
- Ensure all audit and investigations information and data is appropriately managed and recorded
- Prepare recommendations for improvements to contractor compliance arising from audit and investigation findings. This includes recommending sanctions for substantiated non-compliance
- Identify and communicate opportunities to improve procurement practices in Queensland by analysing data to identify emerging trends and risk factors.
- Contribute to the overall maintenance and ongoing improvement of the branch compliance procedure
What you'll need to succeed
To gain an interview for this unique opportunity you will have demonstrated experience with audit and investigation principles. Knowledge of relevant policies and practices in the building and construction sector will be highly advantageous.
You will need:
* Sound knowledge of HR, IR & WHS best practice with the ability to confidently advise stakeholders on these matters
* Experience in identifying and investigating non-compliance to policy and procedure and track record of working on solutions to achieve compliance
* Knowledge of Queensland Government procurement policies will be highly regarded but is not essential
* A clear and engaging communication style with the ability to effectively build rapport with a variety of stakeholders
What you'll get in return
You will build your experience in State Government while holding an important role in Townsville, with the ability to work on important projects. You will be paid an hourly rate of $59.95 an hour and the role is expected to require full time hours for a minimum of 3 months. An extension is possible based on performance.
Alongside a competitive hourly rate, temporary and contract workers through Hays Human Resources enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Weekly pay cycles
- Nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Simple online time-sheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- Regular contact with your consultant throughout the duration of your assignment and support to search for your next assignment
What you need to do now
At Hays, we take your privacy seriously. If you're interested in a role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV via our secure portal.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position please contact Sharon Warren, Hays expert consultant in Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.At Hays, we take your privacy seriously. If you're interested in a role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV via our secure portal.